Regional Identity: Primary Research

I conducted some research with a select amount of people.  


I asked the age to get a gauge of whom is precipitating in the survey. This data is also useful in terms of demographic segmentation. 81.3% of participants were aged 16 - 19, the biggest set in the set age range of 16-25. This has helped me develop an understanding of what these young people think.


I ask this question to also further my audience profile. Understanding social grade is integral to profiling an audience. Given that 81.3% of people said that they are working class, this is a good indicator that a vast amount of my audience will be working class. This is good as working class people between the ages of 16 and 25 are my target audience.



One of the most fundamental conventions of a documentary is to educate. This is an important question as it exposes a lack of knowledge on the behalf of the viewer. It is apparent from this chart that a vast amount of people, 31.3%, are unaware of Sunderland's history in shipbuilding.


This is also a question I asked to analyse the proximity of the issues discussed in the documentary. Many people in the North East still feel the effects of the sanctions put on the mines and shipyards, and this statistic reflects how expansive these roles are.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regional Identity: Production Diary

Regional Identity: Pitch and Rationale